Your Ground Lessons for Your First Solo
Throughout your training at MyFlight, you and your instructor will work on perfecting your physical flying skills in the cockpit together. In order to maximize efficiency, we offer online ground lessons that deliver key ground material necessary for your presolo written test designed for you to use while away from the airport. In order to prepare for your first solo, you are expected to have adequate knowledge of numerous topics applicable to the safe operation of an aircraft. The online ground lessons below will help you prepare to not only pass your presolo written test, but to become a safe and smart pilot along the way. Get started.
Required Material for Your Solo
Prior to conducting solo flight, it is imperative for you to have knowledge on a number of topics. These topics are extremely essential for safe flight not just on your first solo, but beyond. These subjects are listed below:
- Regulations and rules applicable to solo flight
- Airspace information and basic VFR weather minimums
- Knowledge of aircraft performance and certain steps for applicable calculations
- Weight and balance information and calculations
- OAFC specific knowledge including rules of solo operation, basic club information, and rental policies
Purchase Access to Your Presolo Lessons
NOTE: If you have not purchased the ground lesson you are trying to access, you will not be able to reach the page. You must first purchase the ground lesson by clicking here. If you already have purchased the ground lesson, you may click the button corresponding to that lesson below and begin studying.